Scholarship Recipient Video Introduction - Instructions
Talking Points for Video Introduction
- What is your name?
- What is your home city?
- Where did you complete your undergraduate education?
- What was your undergraduate major?
- What professional program are you currently attending or entering next year?
- What are your professional goals?
- Good light - If you don't have good artificial light, use the sun. Record after sunrise or right before sunset. Make sure the light is on your face, not on your back.
- Use a digital camera, your smartphone, or the webcam on your computer to film. Shoot in high definition or 1080p to ensure the video quality is good. If using a phone make sure it is placed horizontally to record full width.
- Clear away tabletop and background clutter. The focus of the video should be you, not the things around you. Also, make sure you’re in a quiet place (e.g., no children at play, electric fans, etc.) because your mic will pick up the sounds and make your video hard to watch.
- Light, camera, action: Have fun! Before you start recording, make sure you are looking presentable. We recommend that you dress neatly in work-appropriate attire.
- Video length - 30 to 45 seconds. Videos longer than 45 seconds will not be used.
- Submission deadline - Friday, April 23, 2021, 9:00pm
- Record your video, then upload to YouTube. (see instructions link)
- Once YouTube video is uploaded, submit the YouTube link to the Scholarship Recipient Video Introduction Link.